Obtaining a Birth Certificate
Florida Birth and Death records are now filed electronically and certifications can be issued statewide from any Florida County Health Department. These computer certifications are accepted by all State and Federal agencies and used for any type of travel.
- Birth Certifications (computer) 1917 to present
- Death Certifications (computer) 2009 to present
Birth and Death certifications for years prior to those listed above can be obtained from:
Bureau of Vital Statistics
PO Box 210
Jacksonville, Florida 32231
Web address: www.floridahealth.gov
Florida Birth Certifications are confidential and can only be issued to:
- Registrant (name on record) if of legal age (18)
- Parent(s) listed on the birth record
- Legal Guardian
- Legal REpresentative
- Other person
*Note: Must provide valid photo ID; guardianship papers, or notarized affidavit, or recorded/certified copy of court order.
Listed below are acceptable forms of valid identification:
- Driver's License
- State Identification Card
- Military Identification Card
- $12.00 one certified copy
- $5.00 each additional certified copy*
*Note: requested at the time when purchasing the original request on same person.