A cluster of varicella, commonly called chickenpox, has been identified by the Florida Department of Health in Columbia County (DOH-Columbia) at a local school where six students have been diagnosed with the vaccine-preventable disease, as of Jan. 29. An additional child not currently enrolled in the school system has also been diagnosed, bringing the county total to seven cases.
Upcoming EventsMore Events...
- Surgeon General Dr. John Armstrong’s Daily Zika Update
- Department Observes National Black HIV-AIDS Awareness Day
- Healthiest Weight Florida Promotes Healthy Snacks For the Big Game
- Mosquito Bite Protection
- Department of Health Recognizes World Cancer Day
- Declaration of Public Health Emergency for Zika
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals